ne of the most important thing for an Internal Auditor is the understanding of businesses. No matter how many checklists or resources you have, If you don’t understand the business, you can’t add value to an organisation’s goal. So, step one should be Understanding of business rather than coming to process right away.
– Before the start of an engagement collect information about the client and his/her business.
– Send a Pre-scope based on whatever information you could gather over internet
– Note those important questions about business, answer to which you could not find over Internet.
– In Kick off meeting first ask the auditee to explain the business and then start with process.
– Don’t Run for checklists here and there
Log in to reply.